Thursday, March 10, 2011

living colorfully, the kate spade way.

Kate Spade has been a brand that upon discovering a several years ago, I instantly became in love with. However, I was in high school then and obviously didn't have the money for the merchandise (nor do I now either as a poor college student) but my point is it was mainly geared for young women in their late twenties or older. I remember my friends would wrinkle their nose at me wondering, who is this Kate Spade you speak of?

I have time and time again drooled over their bags, shoes jewelry, etc. but quite recently I have had something entirely new to drool over; their new slogan/ad campaign/social media campaign. Yes, you heard me, whoever decided to kick-start this "living colorfully" campaign, I take my hat off to you. Quite frankly I think it is absolutely genius and it is coming at the perfect time to correlate with spring. They have an amazing Twitter feed as well as a Tumblr and they choose a color for each month. For example March is a striking yellow and February was an inviting hot pink. Also their new ads featuring Bryce Dallas Howard make my heart ache for spring weather and sun dresses like never before. I am so excited that they still have such classic styles that appeal to women of all ages yet they are now infusing it with this fresh young and of course colorful vibe.

The other simple and some may think silly thing that they do, is the positive or quirky messages they have on some of their merchandise. For instance, on one of the bracelets I have pictured below with the beach-y scene on the outside; the inside of the bracelet reads "wish you were here." On the London Calling one the inside reads, "paint the town red." How fabulous is that?? They can even be inspirational such as the inside of my Kate Spade iPod Touch case which reads: "Have Courage." Although I had bought the case a few months back I had never noticed it till a few weeks ago and it quite honestly made my day. It's the little things in life! So, as I said before I am loving this exciting new take on Kate Spade and I cannot wait to see where the brand will go next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home