Friday, May 4, 2012

beauty balm




I'm not a big beauty junkie like many girls are. Don't get me wrong, I love reading tricks & tips in countless magazines and blogs - but I find it pointless to spend boatloads of money on products that won't last very long, I like my covergirl and maybelline just fine! However, one product I kept coming across over and over again was a little something called BB cream or beauty balm cream. The first one I discovered was by Estee Lauder - countless customers raved about it; saying things like "it made my face look airbrushed" "evened out my skin tone" "made all my imperfections disappear." Not to mention, that this cream is a tinted moisturizer that packs anti-oxidants and SPF. Sounds too good to be true, right? After discovering that my favorite skin care brand, Clinique sold a version of it I decided to take the plunge.

Let me just tell you - I am obsessed, and this is only day 1 of me wearing it. I washed my face as usual, and since this is used as primer, I put it on first. It didn't go on quite as smoothly as I expected it to (probably because of the high SPF) but it covered my skin nicely. I made sure to blend it - then I added my concealer like normal to any blemishes I have and added a little of my powder foundation and finished with bronzer as always. I can totally tell a difference, as those countless women said, my skin looks so much more smooth and even. I know I will continue to use this as long as they make it.

I splurged with this and bought it for $37.00, but I know there are much cheaper versions out there - my cousin, Ali, raves about the one she uses by Aveeno that costs about $14.00.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I actually just picked up the Garnier BB cream and can't wait to try it out. Hopefully I like it as much as you like this one!

 
At May 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Blogger amanda lavergne said...

I'm sure you will - I have heard good things about that one too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home