Monday, April 1, 2013

it's going to be fine.



I love this quote so very much and I think it's important to remember throughout life, and especially in my 20's. I find these days, more than ever, there is always so much going on. So many plans, so many options, so many things to do and see, we feel so much pressure to do every little thing all of the time. It's an everyday occurrence that in my head, I remind myself of this quote. It's perfectly fine, if on a cold Saturday, I don't want to go out and drink, that I'd much rather stay on my couch and continue this Disney movie-marathon (not to mention being able to wake up the next day and be a functioning human being). Sure, my friends will have fun at that bar, or party, or trip. But there will also be other bars, parties, and trips. Not everything is the end all be all. I don't have to do what everyone else is doing.

I know it can also come across on a much more personal level. Why does everyone have a boyfriend. She's 24, married and pregnant with her first child. Why is everyone engaged? I can promise you, not everyone is engaged (or pregnant or with a significant other for that matter.) I get that at times, you can log into Facebook and see 3 different statuses or a slew of in your face photos of someone else's shiny new ring or bundle of joy, but that doesn't mean it's everyone. Slow it down, things will happen when they are supposed to. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing.

Needless to say, this is usually my daily mantra, something that I will always need to remind myself of, and try to point out to others (not in a preachy way of course.) It's just important to know that majority of the time, everything is happening just as it should. So, in other words, stop having FOMO so damn much. ;)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Love this, AL! No matter how much I feel like I have my crap together, I always feel like I'm one step behind in some aspect–I don't have a serious boyfriend, or my loans aren't paid enough, or I'm not ahead enough in my job. It always helps to know that other people are feeling the same way, and like they have the same short-comings...even though they're not "short comings" at all. And for the record, I will stay in any Saturday night you want ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home