Tuesday, June 28, 2011

temp.

As swiftly as it started, it swiftly came to an end. My "funemployment" that is. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I have received the opportunity to get out of the house, make some money and start my career in some way, shape or form. Probably the smartest decision I have made so far in my new life post grad was to apply to a temp agency. I did it on a whim, not entirely sure as to what I was doing but I had some sort of an idea. Luckily, I applied to a fantastic one, The Ford Agency, located in Washington, D.C. and within three weeks of working with me, they helped me to land an "open-ended temp position" with The Case Foundation. Even though I have only been with them for three days now, I can already tell that this is not only a great place to work but is a nice way to ease myself into the work force. I simply couldn't get over the fact of how welcoming everyone was on my first day and how they have continued to be. I have a feeling that no matter how long I work here, it's going to be a great place to make contacts, network, get my career launched and maybe make a few friends along the way. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home