Tuesday, September 25, 2012

new york, I love you

I took a trip up to NYC this weekend, which isn't a completely rare thing for me to do, but I realized something - I never actually get to enjoy the city. Usually I come up on a Friday or Saturday, go out on the town with my friends & then head home the next day; it's always such a whirlwind. This time around, I did things a little differently. I came up on a Saturday and instead of rushing myself, stayed through Monday and I must say, it was a fantastic decision. On Sunday, Little Italy was having the San Gennaro festival so the tiny street was packed with people and vendors & wonderful Italian food. I had an amazing lunch of homemade gnocchi along with some homemade sangria as well. 

To top it off we had a to-die-for cannoli & cappuccino while wandering around the city for the rest of the day. We ended up near South Street Seaport, where I had never been, so needless to say, it was a pretty amazing way to spend a Sunday.











Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home