Friday, May 18, 2012

where's my blueprint?

Your 20's are messy. I know I'm only 23, but I feel like I can safely say that this is going to be a bumpy decade in my life. And it's funny because everyone expects you to have it figured out. Most of us are done with school now, so  you're an adult, adults have it together. And I feel like all of us 20-somethings, pretend to each other like we know what we're doing, but here's the secret: none of us have a clue. We have to realize that we need to be okay with that. Don't judge your friend who's engaged already, maybe this is the right time for her. Or that other friend, who is already married and has a baby. So what? That's his/her life. Maybe you or a friend is single and loving it, maybe you hate your job, or have your dream job already. My point is, we don't have a blueprint, no one does, and there are so many different paths open to us right now, we have to blindly go down some, it might work out, or you might have to go back and pick another and start all over again. I know I'm using a lot of metaphors here, and I hope I don't sound too preachy, but I'm in the same boat. I think to myself, all of my friends who were in the same major as me, have jobs in communications, and I don't; am I doing something wrong? Or the fact that I'm still living at home. I have to constantly repeat the quote to myself that says: "just because everyone else is doing something, doesn't mean you have to." It's so simple, yet I forget it all the time. I feel pressure from so many different areas, and I am trying to make that quote my mantra, that everything is happening the way it's supposed to, it's all going to be okay. Hopefully if I stick by that, maybe I'll have figured everything out by the time I'm 30. ;)



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

I love this post, it's all so true. You have to just be happy with yourself, because if you're constantly comparing with others, you'll never be happy! 23 is so young, you've got you're whole life ahead girl! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home