Tuesday, August 14, 2012

camping getaway

This weekend I went camping for this first time ever. For those who know me well, I'm not a huge 'outdoorsy' person, mainly I really just don't like bugs (but who really likes them anyways?) But this time around I decided to put my fears aside and told myself to go outside of my comfort zone and do this. We packed up my car (way too much stuff for one night, but we needed it all!) and headed to Shenandoah National Park.

As my one colleague put it, this was considered "glamping" because we weren't truly in the wilderness as my car was about 2 feet away from our tents, so if something went really wrong such as a bear showing up or a sudden downpour we could have hopped in my car at a moment's notice. However, the weather was gorgeous & after a four hour hiking trip that day, I slept surprisingly well in the tent we had. Despite some small snafu's such as a curious raccoon trying to get into our trash & my car battery dying; I had a great first camping experience and it's definitely something I would do again in the future!

*Also the absolutely gorgeous views from Skyline Drive made it totally worth it too.






Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At August 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Woah--what an awesome place to go camping! Reminds me of up by school :) Glad you enjoyed your first experience--I've only camped in my backyard but I'm dying to try it for real.

xo, Alyssa

 
At August 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger nicolealyse said...

Looks so fun!


New follower! <3

Love from NYC,
www.nicolealyse.com

 
At August 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

Beautiful photos...always so nice to be in nature.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Marie said...

The last photo is beautiful.

Sending some love from Singapore
xoxo

 
At August 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So pretty! Thanks for your comment :) Looks like we both our enjoying the outdoors this summer!

xo, April

http://www.evokela.com/

 
At August 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Fashion babel said...

glad you're having fun!
wanna follow each other?yes no?
uuuum..cheers!
http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

 
At August 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, glad you had fun! xx

 
At August 23, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Lovely pictures. I have never been camping before. I think I might just be too pampered.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

We are having a giveaway. If you have time please stop by and enter. Giveaway

 
At August 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hope you had a wonderful time!

 
At August 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM , Blogger amanda lavergne said...

thanks everyone! it was a great weekend :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home