Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I like books.








...and I mean actual books, tangible ones. The reason this has been on my brain so much lately is because I have been going back and forth for weeks now trying to decide if I should buy a Kindle or not. I know this seems like a silly thing to debate (hello, first world pains) but I'm very old school in the sense that I like the feel of a book, I like being able to flip back and forth between the pages, admire the cover, highlight a passage that inspires me, there's just something special about it. Something that  you can't get from an iPad, Kindle or Nook or whatever e-reader is out there. I'll admit, a friend of mine recently got a Kindle & once I was holding it, feeling how lightweight it was, I realized how convenient it would be for my commute, traveling, etc. it may even speed up my process of getting through books. The more I thought about it, the more I felt I should just take the plunge, especially as someone who embraces technology & is usually one of the first to test something 'new-fangled' out. However, I still felt like I was cheating on books, I know I must sound like I'm over thinking this, but how else will I decorate my future apartment/home one day like the one above via Pinterest? I want my future children to be able to pull books off of a shelf, not just reach for a piece of machinery. I think for now, I'm going to stick with the 'old-fashioned' way; this is one part of technology that it will take awhile for me to convert to.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Invitation To Inspiration said...

I always believed that a book shelf speaks so much about its owner:-)) There is truly nothing like a beautiful styled bookcase filled with so many books...:-))))))))
xoxo

http://www.invitationtoinspiration.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home